Friday, October 15, 2010

Blue Ocean Strategy Seminar

I am glad that I have just attended two days of this great programme. It is an opportunity to structure our thinking. I was push to do right brain thinking more than my left brain thinking. It was a great birthday gift for me.

I am know eager to share with my team as I hope they could learn it the same and start doing the right brain thinking, helping them in your tasks and approaches. This will be a survival tool for them in our competitive market. We need to create new opportunities, bringing the competition to the next level.

The thinking process of the future in the team is limited. We are more of fire fighting team rather than developer of new avenue. We are more towards a maintenance acts rather than developing new business. To survive in our competition, we must do more attacks rather than defensing.

Scenario thinking is another tool which is critical for high power management today. We need to be able to think various scenarios for consideration to take the best approach.

Again and again, leadership is the centre of good management. As leader, the direction and example are crucial in leading the team to pratice all the available thinking tools to move the organisation and business.

Last but not the least, I have decided to buy the book for my more detailed study and perfected my thinking. I always believe a seminar is just a catalyst act for one to learn up new skills and they need to enhance their learning through practice and soon it will be come an acquired talent.

No comments: